Our Learning Mentors at St Patrick’s
Mrs Priest & Mrs Doherty
Hello! We are the Learning Mentors at St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School and our job is to work with children and families, teachers and other agencies to support various issues that may be affecting a childs learning.
There are many barriers that can impact on a childs learning and we can help to build a strong support network to help overcome challenges such as;
- Attendance & punctuality
- Low confidence and self-esteem
- Transition to new class, key stage or secondary school
- Friendship difficulties or bullying
- Parental support; managing behaviour or implementing routines at home
- Day to day School contact for parents who require additional support
- Bereavement/loss/Family break-up
- Anger or anxiety issues
When an additional need is identified, we can work with individual children, small groups of children and/or families in a variety of ways;
- One to one mentoring
- Group work – e.g. friendship groups
- Common Assessment Framework – Multiagency approach
- Referral to other agencies
- Individual parental support
- Afterschool clubs, booster classes
Pupil Voice School Council
Each year we coordinate the nominations, ballot and election for the School Council and support the children to plan, organise and deliver fundraising events.
This year the School Council have been fundraising for Zoe’s Place and raised £207.85 from their successful Romero fundraising challenge events.
Each fortnight on Friday straight after Assembly, Mrs Doherty hosts our Coffee morning alongside our PoP’s Group. We have a biscuit and a drink and spend time having an informal chat or planning upcoming school events. Everyone is welcome to join us, even babies and toddlers. We have a selection of books and toys that can keep them entertained.
Coffee Morning dates
Friday 28th April Friday 12th May Friday 26th May Friday 9th June Friday 23rd June Friday 7th July